This folder contains two NDS ROMs of Pokemon Ranger demos, supposedly intended to be showcased at E3. Both demos are dated April 20, 2006.
The M and F at the end of the file name seem to denote which ROM is debug and which is non-debug. ROMs with M have a debug menu that can be accessed by pressing A on the main menu.
This archive dates to before the localization process for Pokemon Ranger officially began.
The Documents folder within PokeRanger_Euro.zip contains a folder titled To_Alessio, likely referring to Nintendo of Europe's Localization Producer, Alessio Danieli.
- Notes on how Pokemon appear in the game's capture challenge.
- Details on all Pokemon within the game.
- A log of bugs to fix for Nintendo of Japan.
- Log of translations from Japanese to English.
- Priority of localization tasks.
- Script for how to test the game.
- A guide to what every spreadsheet sent to translator is for.
- Game information on targets and how to destroy said targets.
The other folder within Documents contains information that translators would have needed to create their localizations.
- capture_challenge.xls Notes on how Pokemon appear in the game's capture challenge. - Pokemon_DataFile.xls Details on all Pokemon within the game. - Ranger_milestone_debug.xls Script for how to test the game. - RangerTextList_Eng.xls A guide to what every spreadsheet sent to translator is for. - Targets_QuickReference.xls Game information on targets and how to destroy said targets.
The remaining two files within PokeRanger_Euro.zip:
- NDS ROM for Pokemon Ranger, dated July 24, 2006.
- Spreadsheet of people who worked on Pokemon Ranger, written in both English and Japanese, for use on the credits screen.
This folder mostly contains the same files from PokeRanger_Euro.zip, besides the folder titled `Ranger_JP`, which holds the Japanese translations.
French, German, Italian, Spanish Folders
Each folder contains the same files besides of course being different languages.
- Messages for sending data between games.
- Images that need to be translated.
- Area names and descriptions.
- Browser completion event.
- Ranger Net text.
- Text for the special missions to distribute.
- End-game story scenario including some events and NPC dialogues.
- Menu items.
- Name entry related messages.
- Descriptions of Pokemon moves.
- Poké Assist descriptions.
- Ranger Record related messages.
- Body text.
- System text and NPC dialogues.
- Tap messages.
- End-game story special missions.
- Names of characters.
- Names of places.
- Mission titles and related descriptions.
- Target names & descriptions.
- Debug ROM of Pokemon Ranger.
- Instructions for updating the documents.
rangereu.7z contains a sizable amount of Pokemon Ranger builds, with each folder containing a debug (M) and non-debug (F) version.
- 061024 - October 24, 2006
- 061031 - October 31, 2006
- 061108 - November 8, 2006
- 061109 - November 9, 2006
- 061110 - November 10, 2006
- 061114 - November 14, 2006
- 061115 - November 15, 2006
- 061116 - November 16, 2006
- 061117 - November 17, 2006
- 061120 - November 20, 2006
- 061121 - November 21, 2006
- 061122 - November 22, 2006
- 061128 v1 - November 28, 2006
- 061128 v2 - November 28, 2006
- 061129 - November 29, 2006
- 061130 - November 30, 2006
- 061204 - December 4, 2006
- 061205 - December 5, 2006
- 061206 - December 6, 2006
- 061207 - December 7, 2006
- 061211 - December 11, 2006 (Trial)
- 061212 - December 12, 2006 (Trial)
- 061213 - December 13, 2006 (Trial)
- 061214 - December 14, 2006 (Trial)